Custom Web Panels are a good way to add announcements, Twitter feeds, interactive spaces, advertisements, and just about anything else to customize your AnswerHub community.
The Admin can create, edit, delete, enable and display custom web panels from their admin dashboard.
Accessing Custom Web Panels in the admin dashboard:
- Navigate to Site > Custom Configurations > Custom Web Panels.
- Here you will create and enable your Custom Web Panels to be in either the main section of your page or in the right sidebar.
Accessing the Display Options within Custom Web Panels in the admin dashboard:
- Navigate to Site > Custom Configurations > Custom Web Panels > Display Options.
- Here you will choose the spaces to display your newly created and enabled Custom Web Panels.
- Here you can add or remove Custom Web Panels on the left-hand side of the screen.
- To add an enabled web panel, start typing in the text field, select the name, then click the addition sign (+) button below the Custom Web Panel Title section.
- To remove an enabled web panel, you can either:
a. Start typing in the text field, select the name, then click the minus sign (-) button.
b. Or you can select the name in the Custom Web Panel Title section and then click the minus sign (-) button.
There are two tabs to choose from to create custom web panels.
- The Main Tab: Here you have the option to create, enable, edit, or delete custom web panels to be in the top portion or bottom portion within the main section of your page.
- The Right Sidebar Tab: Here you have the option to create, enable, edit, or delete custom web panels to be in the top portion or bottom portion within the right sidebar of your page.
- Creating a web panel does not mean it will automatically display.
- You must enable Custom Web Panels before choosing the space(s) to display them.
- You can display enabled Custom Web Panels either site-wide or in specific spaces in your AnswerHub instance by choosing the spaces in the Display Options tab.
- In a space, only one Custom Web Panel can exist per position (top or bottom) within a section (main or right sidebar).
- You can display the same Custom Web Panel in different spaces, either on the top or bottom portion of the main section or the right sidebar.
- Space-specific Custom Web Panels override site-wide Custom Web Panels.
- Choose the Main or Right Sidebar Tab.
- Click on the CREATE CUSTOM WEB PANEL button. A modal window will pop up.
- Enter the following information into the New Web Panel pop up:
a. Fill in the Name text field for your new Custom Web Panel.
b. Choose the Position from the drop-down.
c. Choose the Placement from the drop-down.
d. Choose the Visibility from the drop-down.
- Click the OK button after filling in the fields and choosing from the drop-downs in the modal window.
- You can repeat steps 1 - 4 several times to save created Custom Web Panels.
- To edit a created Custom Web Panel, select the pencil icon.
- To delete a created Custom Web Panel, select the x button.
- Enable the newly created Custom Web Panel by clicking the ENABLE button in the top right-hand corner of the created Custom Web Panel.
- In a space, you can enable several Custom Web Panels to display one per position within a section.
- i.e. Four Custom Web Panels could exist in one space if they are all enabled.
- Navigate to the Display Options tab to choose the space(s) to display the Custom Web Panel(s).
- Choose the space from the Display Options scrollbar then start typing the name of the Custom Web Panel title in the text field under Custom Web Panel Title. Select the name and click the addition sign (+) button in the lower right-hand corner.
- You can repeat step 7 for each space selected.
- The Custom Web Panel should now appear in the space you selected.
- You can remove a Custom Web Panel from a space by selecting it in the Custom Web Panel Title display and clicking the minus sign (-) button in the lower right-hand corner.
Updated about 2 years ago