Location: Site > Layout > Static Pages
You can configure the static pages associated with your AnswerHub site. By default, the About, FAQ, and Privacy static pages display in the footer of the AnswerHub User Interface. You can navigate to any other static page by entering the URL in your browser manually or adding a link to your site through theme customization. The static pages are unchangeable to all your communities.
You can perform the following actions to manage your static page(s):
- Create a New Static Page
- Edit a Static Page
- Remove an Existing Static Page
- Enter the required information in the following fields:
a. Name: Here you enter the name for the new static page.
b. Title: Here you will enter the title that displays in the title bar of the new static page.
c. Link: /page/ Here you enter the URL extension for the new static page.
For Example: If you enter "careers.html" in this box, the new static page's URL would be: www.[youranswerhubpage].com/page/careers.html.
d. Category: Here you enter the category that the new static page should go in.
e. Content: Type: Here you enter the type of content to display in the new static page.
f. Weight: Here you enter the weight of the new static page. (Higher value of weight will result in the static page showing up lower in the list in your manage static pages on the left-hand side of the page.)
g. There are two checkboxes to select/deselect to have an Unskinned static page and to Hide Sidebar.
h. Content: Here you enter the content for the static page.
- Click the ADD PAGE button to save your changes.
A successful save will result in a green bar at the top of the page and displays a message that reads "[Page Name] has been successfully added."
Select the name of the static page from the list of static pages to edit any of the information for your static page.
To remove an existing static page, select the trashcan icon next to the static page. A message will appear to confirm that you are sure you would like to remove the static page.
Accessing the Display Options within Custom Web Panels in the admin console:
Location: Site > Layout > Custom Web Panels > Display Options
Here you will choose the spaces to display your newly created and enabled Custom Web Panels.
The Admin can create, edit, delete, enable and display Custom Web Panels from their admin dashboard.
There are two tabs to choose from to create Custom Web Panels.
- The Main Tab: Here you have the option to create, enable, edit, or delete Custom Web Panels, to be in the top or bottom portion within the main section of your page.
- The Right Sidebar Tab: Here you have the option to create, enable, edit, or delete Custom Web Panels, to be in the top or bottom portion within the right sidebar of your page.
Creating a web panel does not mean it will automatically display.
You must enable Custom Web Panels before choosing the space(s) to display them.
- You can display enabled Custom Web Panels either site-wide or in specific spaces in your AnswerHub instance by choosing the spaces in the Display Options tab.
- One Custom Web Panel can exist per space.
- If you choose to display a web panel site-wide in the top portion of the main section of the page, then all spaces will have that Custom Web Panel.
- You can display the same Custom Web Panel in different spaces, either on the top or bottom portion of the main section or the right sidebar as long as a you aren't displaying the Custom Web Panel site-wide in that section.
Updated over 2 years ago