The moderation tab will have a list of content awaiting moderator action. Only 400 characters will appear for each section of content awaiting moderation. If you would like to view all the content from the post, then click the read more link.
- Select the Avatar drop-down list from the navigation bar in the community UI.
- From the list, select Moderation.
- The Moderation tab displays.
You can perform any of the headers listed below from the Moderation tab:
- View Moderated Content Details
- Reject or Publish Moderated Content
- Send Moderated Content to an Expert
- Post a Comment
- Edit Moderated Content
- View the Details of a User Who Has Posted Moderated Content
Review the Filter Moderated or Reported Content by Type and Space section.
The Moderation, Reported and Spam queues may be sorted by when content was placed in that queue. This may be sorted oldest or newest event first, or grouped by user. Use the sort order drop down selector found in the right nav above the filter by spaces widget.
To view the content details awaiting moderation, follow the steps below:
- Locate the content you would like to view.
- Select the content you would like to view fully by clicking on the title link.
The Node Content UI displays the original post.
Rejecting content in the moderation queue will prevent content from appearing on your AnswerHub site.
To reject the content awaiting moderation, follow the steps below:
- Locate the content you would like to reject.
- To reject the content in the queue, click the REJECT button.
The system will reject the content and immediately remove it from the Moderation UI.
Publishing content in the moderation queue will publish content on your AnswerHub site.
To publish the content awaiting moderation, follow the steps below:
- Locate the content you would like to publish.
- To publish the content in the queue, click the PUBLISH button.
The system will publish the content and immediately remove it from the Moderation UI.
You can also send questions sent to moderation to an expert for review by performing the following steps:
- Locate the content you would like to send to an expert for review.
- Below the post's description, click the ASK AN EXPERT button.
a. The find user(s) text field will appear.
b. In the text field, start typing a username and select the user from the drop-down menu to ask them to answer this question. Asking someone to answer this question will remove it from moderation, but it will still be invisible to other users except for the asked users.
- Click the SEND REQUEST button.
A blue box with the expert's username will appear with an "x" to the right of the name. The system will notify the expert of the request. After refreshing the page, the post no longer displays on the Moderation tab.
- If you would like to remove an expert from the moderated post, click the "x" to the right of the expert's username.
Sometimes you may want to edit content in the moderation queue before publishing the post in the community.
- Locate the content you would like to edit and click on the title.
The system will take you to the original post in the community UI.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right side of the post.
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu.
The Edit [Content] screen will display.
- Edit the content as needed.
- Click the SAVE button.
A yellow bar with the following statement, "Your [content] was successfully updated!" will appear with a successful edit.
As a moderator, you can suspend users and may want to view the profile for a user who posted the content awaiting moderation before deciding to suspend the user's ability to interact with your community.
- Locate the user whose profile you would like to view.
- Click on the avatar or username to navigate to the user's profile page.
You will see the profile user interface for the selected user.
Updated over 1 year ago