The Recapta item will only be visible if the plugin is enabled.
Location (Upon Enabling the reCAPTCHA Plugin): Users & Groups > Settings Menu > reCAPTCHA Configuration Menu
This plugin allows you to create a protective layer to prevent spam. Once you enable the plugin from the Manage Plugin menu, a few configurations become available. You can configure the plugin to also allow more trusted users and groups to skip reCAPTCHA so they don't need to go through the validation process every time they want to access the site.
To see the reCAPTCHA Configuration Menu, you will need to enable the reCAPTCHA Support plugin in the Manage Plugins menu under the Plugins menu.
There are several checkboxes and text fields available to customize your configuration to your community's specific needs.
- Enable reCAPTCHA (checkbox): If you want to use reCAPTCHA, you will need to select this checkbox
- Show on User Registration (checkbox): Select to require a user to use reCAPTCHA to register
For Logged-in and Anonymous Users
- Show on Questions (checkbox): Select to require a user to use reCAPTCHA to post a question.
- Show on Answers (checkbox): Select to require a user to use reCAPTCHA to post an answer.
- Show on Content Types (checkbox): Select to require a user to use reCAPTCHA to post any content type (Questions, Answers, Comments, Ideas, Articles, and Topics).
- Show on Edits (checkbox): Select to require a user to use reCAPTCHA to edit any content.
- Public Key text field (Site Key): Generated with a Gmail account.
- Private Key text field (Secret Key): Generated with a Gmail account.
- Use reCAPTCHA Secure site (checkbox): Select to require a user to use reCAPTCHA on secure sites with HTTPS.
- Logged-in User Display (drop-down):
- Show option: Requires reCAPTCHA for logged-in users.
- Skip option: Allows the user to skip reCAPTCHA for logged-in users.
- Skip if reputation higher than option: Enter a numeric value in the text field for the minimum reputation points to skip showing the reCAPTCHA to logged-in users.
Updated over 2 years ago