- Find documentation related to articles at the following links (and you can always find them through the search bar):
Hidden Moderator Edit
Using AnswerHub As A Developer
How to Encourage User-Generated Content
Content Types/Nodes Overview
Administration Training: Administrative Roles and Tools
Q1 Community Lifecycle
Notes for articleIds:
While using the suggested request methods, remember all articles are also nodes and, in almost all cases, fields and parameters that work with nodes will also work with articles.
- Please refer to the node section if you want to review the details relevant to these requests.
Remember: All concrete sub-types of nodes (questions, answers, or comments) share the same pool of assigned identifiers.
- You can find an article's articleId in the original article URL after /articles/. For example: http://localhost:8888/articles/1563/overview-of-teamhub.html (the articleId in this example is 1563).
You can also find Article ID's when making a request to retrieve a list of all the articles.
Anywhere you need an articleId for a request, the nodeId will serve the same purpose (They are the same number).
Warning for Knowledge Base REST APIs:
- The ability to create articles and ideas via our API is only possible as long as your community is running on version 188.8.131.52 or higher.
- If you are unsure of the version that your community is running, take a look at the footer in the Administrator Module, your community's current version appears there in small text.
- If your current version is earlier than v184.108.40.206, and you wish to have full ideation and article functionality, please fill out a community update request form and your dedicated success representative will contact you.