You can use the following parameters in your make a user follow another user request:
Other options: wrap
Permissions & Notes:
- You must have the Follow questions, users, topics, and categories permission under Standard Roles in the Advanced Editor.
- You must have the Edit users and groups permission under Site Administration Roles in the Advanced Editor to use the follower parameter for another user.
- The optional follower parameter specifies the user that will become a follower of the specified user.
- The follower parameter, if used, will be the user's userId.
- The follower parameter, if used, should go in the query string of the url.
- If you do not use the follower parameter, the user whose credentials you included in the request, the system makes the space follower.
- We added this request in version 1.6.3.
A PUT make a user follow another user request to make the API authenticated user a follower of another user (userId: 7) sent to https://apidocs.cloud.answerhub.com using a human-readable Username/Password (answerhub/test123) would look like this:
curl -u answerhub:test123 -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -X PUT "https://apidocs.cloud.answerhub.com/services/v2/user/7/follow.json?follower=11" -v
In the example above, Dzone (user 7) is now following Answerhub (user 11).
- HTTP Status 200 - OK